Categories
Final Major Project FMP

FMP Final Outcome & Critical Reflection

The Floating City

Critical reflection

The project has been a rollercoaster of challenges, but I feel that I have learnt more than ever. I have faced many issues such as programmes compatibility, corrupted files, not enough computer specs to run my project with the level of detail I wanted, amongst others. However, I have learnt to troubleshoot and test different ways to do the same thing until I find the most suitable solution, while also taking in consideration timeframe, budget, and minimum requirements for the project. I have also developed my skills in programmes such as Maya, Substance Painter, Nuke, After Effects, and Photoshop, and I have learnt a completely new programme to me such as Unreal Engine. I have also noticed that I am more confident when switching between programmes and learning new ones, since I now understand the logic behind the processes and terminology of 3D and VFX in general. I consider that this is a major step for me as a professional, because this career will always require the upgrading of my skills and adaptation to new technology and techniques. Overall, I think I have achieved a final outcome that has a professional level and that I will proudly include in my portfolio.