Categories
Collaborative

Week 1: Collaborative Unit Brief

This week we were briefed of the collaborative project we have to do along with the students of other master’s degrees like MA VR, MA 3D Computer Animation, MA 2D Animation, and MA Game Design.

The collaborative unit consists in a group project made in collaboration with other students outside our master’s degree to build together a digital outcome and explore topics outside visual effects.

The research and development of this project has to be documented in our blogs as it is a self-guided project. We will need to learn to work as a team demonstrating our organisational, communication, and creative skills. We will also have to demonstrate our roll within the group, what we were responsible of, the process followed, and summarise our experience in a short critical report at the end (around 500 words).

In a separate lecture this week we learnt how to organise a group, how we should set some ground rules that apply to everyone and the is agreed by everyone, how do we need to structure our blog, the recording of the meetings we have with our group, and the regular crits we will have with our lecturer.

For this week, we were also asked to add our details on a Padlet board created with the different available topics (we cold add our own topic too or change the existing ones too).

My chosen topic – Utopia and Dystopia

This subject caught my attention because I love steampunk, cyberpunk, and post apocalyptic scenery, as well as texturing scenes and modelling 3D objects to include in these kind of environments. I also enjoy to imagine how a regular place would look like after it is affected by the pass of the years after dealing with weather conditions, human interaction, etc., and think about the details that would make it more ‘realistic’ or convincing to the audience eye.